Fundraise at work
World Orphan Week for Corporates
WOW offers companies opportunities for their staff to work together and be a part of a nationwide campaign. Your contribution counts – and it’s easy to make a difference
Here are just a few examples of how you could help WOW:
- Choose WOW as your company’s charity campaign. Adopting a cause is a great way of building good staff relationships – whose team will raise the most money for WOW?
- Show your corporate support by displaying a web banner and linking to our main website.
- Have a collection box in reception and encourage visitor contributions (and staff fines for tardiness). We can supply collection boxes.
- Get your colleagues to donate an hour’s pay during WOW – with the MD leading the way of course!
- Create a fundraising page in Virgin Money Giving/BT my donate and circulate the link amongst your colleagues – this is easy to do by email. You’ll see how quickly the money will start coming.
- Give As You Earn – start payroll giving – the easy and tax-effective way to help World Orphan Week. You can read more information on how payroll giving works and the benefits for you and your company. For further information on how to set up a payroll giving scheme in your company visit www.payrollgiving.co.uk. Some companies will match the contribution made by their employees, so your donation will make even more of a difference to our work.
- Hold an event at your office for WOW, at lunch time or straight after work; have a bake sale, book swap, raffle. There are lots of fun ideas such as a family fun day – a day that staff and their families can enjoy – bouncy castles, competitions, entertainment. Another idea is a dress-down day – everyone pays to dress down for the day. To make it more interesting you could give it a theme – why not ask everyone to wear something green for WOW? Another fun activity is a guess the baby competition – people in the office bring in photos of themselves as babies then everyone has to pay to enter and guess who the baby is! A prize for the winner.
- Put on a Quiz Night – we have a downloadable World Orphan Week Quiz that tests your geographical knowledge for this occasion! If you to raise £360 from this activity – (or £180 that is then matched by the company) this could be the annual sponsorship of a village. If you decide to do this, do get in touch with our WOW team for the answers.
- Sign up for a challenge e.g. 10k marathon, skydiving, London to Paris bike ride, trek to Ben Nevis, Mt Kilimanjaro Challenge or many others.
- Do a virtual overseas challenge. The circumference of the globe is 40,000km. Do you have enough staff to split the distance and virtually swim/cycle/run/walk/skate the miles around the world? Generate sponsorship the easy way through Virgin Money Giving.
Get in touch with the WOW team for further information or advice. We would be happy to come and meet with you to discuss ideas. Call 01223 365589 or email firstname.lastname@example.org