World Orphan Week 2013
World Orphan Week takes place each year to highlight the number of orphaned children growing up alone around the world, with nothing and no one to care for them.
The awareness and funds raised through World Orphan Week enable SOS Children (www.soschildrensvillages.org.uk) to change the lives of these vulnerable children and ensure they grow up with the love, care and security of a family.
This year, World Orphan Week is an opportunity for you to be part of this change and raise vital funds for children in Chipata, Zambia.
This year we want you to help us run, row, walk, cycle or swim - collectively undertaking the 9,000 mile distance from the UK to Chipata. Whether you do this in your local park, at your gym, walking to work, or in your school playing field, together we can virtually cross the continents from the UK to Zambia.
Follow our route as we virtually weave our way through Africa. We will visit key milestones along the way and learn more about our work in each country as we make our way down to Zambia.
Start your Chipata Challenge
Join the challenge and together we can collectively reach 9,000 miles - the distance from the UK to Chipata.
- You can choose whether you’d like to walk, run, cycle, row, or swim the challenge - the mode of transport is up to you!
- Choose how many miles you plan to achieve and where you’d like to do your challenge.
- Create a JustGiving page (www.justgiving.com) or a JustTextGiving number, and ask friends, family and colleagues to sponsor your miles.
- Download your Chipata Challenge sponsorship form here if you'd rather use a paper sponsorship form.
- Once you’ve completed your challenge log your miles with us and keep track of our route to see how many miles we’ve completed on our way to Chipata.
How to fundraise for your challenge
Visit www.justgiving.com/soschildren to create your online fundraising page. It’s really easy to set up and takes just a few minutes. You can personalise your page with photos and a message. Then email it to your friends and family, so they can make a secure online donation and leave you messages of support. Donations are transferred straight to SOS Children together with the Gift Aid from every eligible donation.